Install node.js and coffescript inside a python virtualenv
by Alfredo Aguirre on 31 December 2011.
1. Activate the virtualenv:
2. Move inside the virtualenv directory:
3. Export the directory as the prefix for the installation:
5. Once inside the unpacked node directory:
6. Check that node.js was installed correctly:
7. Fortunately npm (node package manager) is installed with node.js as well, now we can proceed with the installation of coffee-script:
npm uses the PREFIX environment variable to determine where to install the node packages, bear this in mind in case you plan to install any other packages.
8. Check that coffe-script was installed successfully:
9. Play with node.js or coffee-script :)
If you found this useful or there is something not quite right let me know!
Photo credit: jenny-pics on flickr